- Read the full Bill here: https://www.ncleg.gov/BillLookUp/2021/HB%20370
House Bill 370 - No Veteran Left Behind Act, was cleared by the House Homeland Security, Military, and Veterans Affairs Committees on Tuesday.
- The Bill is now heading to the Appropriations Committee.
- The Bill was designed to improve how local law enforcement and first responders assist and respond to Veterans in crisis.
This measure creates a pilot program for several Military and Veteran-heavy counties to enhance training for local law enforcement and first responders in veteran-specific crisis intervention.
- This includes Brunswick, Craven, Cumberland, Onslow, Union, and Wayne counties.
- The training will be administered through The Independence Fund Inc., a North Carolina-based nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the lives of Veterans and their families.
- Majority Leader Bell is joined by Speaker of the House Tim Moore, R-Cleveland; Rep. George Cleveland, R-Onslow; and Rep. Charlie Miller, R-Brunswick, as primary sponsors of the bill.
Spread the Word!
Sign in if you'd like new recruits to be credited to you.