Food will be served to fire, police and EMS personnel for free. Volunteers may bring food, supplies and/or a cash donation and may also eat.
Volunteers can stay up-to-date with the weekly location(s) by downloading the app Signal. Enroll in the group Breakfast of Champions by clicking on "# Find by Phone Number" and entering 847-504-6767 to send Jesse Burger a message. Please include your precinct name in your message.
Harnett County Board of Commissioners Meeting
The Harnett County Board of Commissioners will hold a Regular Meeting on Monday, August 2, 2021, at 9 a.m.. in the Board Chambers at the Harnett County Resource Center & Library.
- Call to order – Chairman W. Brooks Matthews
- Pledge of Allegiance and Invocation – Commissioner Matt Nicol
- Consider additions and deletions to the published agenda
- Consent Agenda
- Minutes of the Work Session of July 13, 2021
- Minutes of the Regular Meeting of July 19, 2021
- Budget Amendments
- Tax Rebates and Releases – Motion to approve tax rebates and releases as requested by the Tax Administrator.
- The Harnett County Health Department has been allocated $1,089,044 in Communicable Disease funds from NC DHHS. These funds are to provide critical resources to state and local and territorial health departments in support of a broad range of COVID-19/SARS testing and epidemiologic surveillance related activities. Motion to accept $1,089,044 in Communicable Disease funds from NC DHHS.
- The Harnett County Health Department has received COVID-19 Vaccination Program funds in the amount of $259,538. These funds are to assist the Health Department with coronavirus vaccine activities to support broad-based distribution, access and vaccine coverage. Motion to accept COVID-19 Vaccination Program funds in the amount of $259,538.
- Motion to accept and approve the Tax Collection Settlement for FY 2020 and prior years taxes from the Tax Administrator.
- In accordance with North Carolina G.S. 105-321(b), the Harnett County Board of Commissioners shall adopt an order directing the Tax Administrator to collect the taxes charged for the 2021/2022 tax year. Motion to charge William R. Tyson, Tax Administrator, with the collections of all real, personal, and public service companies taxes for the 2021/2022 levy year, and with the collections of all delinquent taxes.
- Harnett County’s Legal Department requests approval of the Bylaws of Administrative Appeals Board for School Bus Stop Arm Violations.
- Administration requests adoption of a Resolution of the Harnett County Board of Commissioners to Accept American Rescue Plan Act Funds. In order for the County to receive the Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds of H.R. 1319 American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (CSLRF), the Board is required to take formal action through the passage of a resolution to formally accept the funds.
- Proclamation – Child Support Awareness Month, August 2021
- Period of up to 30 minutes for informal comments allowing 3 minutes for each presentation.
- Motion to reduce the per 1,000 gallons fee for septage and portable waste haulers from $85 to $65, maintain the $20 per load; to open the septic pump receiving station from 7:00 am – 6:00 pm; and for HRW to develop a written policy for emergency situations from 6:00 pm – 7:00 am; as well as state of emergencies due to hurricanes, tornados and other acts of God.
- Motion to select Executive Search Firm Finalists for interviews for the County Manager Recruitment Process.
- County Manager’s Report – George Wood, Acting County Manager
- Harnett County DSS Monthly Report
- New Business
- Closed Session
Live audio of the meeting will also be streamed on the Harnett County Government’s YouTube Channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU7mTF6HTD65x_98EhAMeMg/featured
The agenda will be available to the public on Friday, July 30th, at 5 P.M.
NW Precinct Meeting Monday July 19, 6:30pm at RLT.
This date of August 17th is a deviation from the Board's normal schedule which is usually the first Tuesday of the month at 4 P.M.
The Agenda will be the appointment of the Precinct Chief Judges and Judges for the upcoming elections.
Left to Right: Lin Coker (Secretary), Lewis Bell, Allison Fenderson (Chair), Jim Currin
Betsy McCormick, missing from picture
A meeting for all Harnett County Republicans. Check back for details.
On the tag bar above, under "Happenings," click on the Constitution Seminar to access
information and a link to register. Hurry as seating is limited. See you there!